Current Inquiry: Increasing productivity [in UK PLC] by improving sales effectiveness in SMEs.
This Inquiry will characterise the challenges that SMEs have in hiring, developing and retaining the best sales talent for optimising their commercial success. What are the inhibitors to this? Is the culture of the founder/CEO a factor? Do larger companies crowd smaller ones out? Do SMEs look for the wrong types of commercial leadership? Do they struggle to make themselves attractive as an employer? As SMEs are over 50% of the private sector, helping them to be more successful through improving their sales capabilities will have a direct impact on the UK economy. Please support by completing this survey: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SMESELLING
- Past sittings (date and witnesses):
- November 5th – APS and Warwick Business School (Prof Nick Lee)
- November 14th – IoD (Tej Parikh) and Napier University (Dr Tony Douglas)
- January 28th – Alison Edgar and Ian Moyse
- February 11th – Aston Business School (Mark Hart) and Sharples Group (David Griffiths)
The evidence sessions have now concluded. We will continue to collect insights and data while the report is produced. The release date is estimated to be September.