July 25, 2017: The two professional bodies have set out a strategic collaboration to provide enhanced benefits to individual and corporate members of both organisations, advancing professional excellence in sales and leadership with 6 key aims:
- To create and curate great original content, to inspire and enable continuous learning.
- To connect like-minded people at learning, sharing and networking events.
- To use new digital technology to transform the membership experience of both organisations.
- To harness and facilitate the power of coaching for performance.
- To build, engage and inspire a growing global membership of people who are serious about their own development, want to help others to grow and are committed to giving something back.
- To launch collaborative research projects to gain new insights into practice.
Commenting on the new partnership, the Institute of Leadership & Management CEO, Phil James, said, “We have a great, natural affinity with the APS. Since its launch in November 2014, the APS has quickly established itself as the leading global professional body for sales with a rapidly growing individual and corporate membership. As a not-for-profit organisation, the APS has a compelling vision to be the community that advances and promotes excellence in the sales profession”.
Nick Porter, Chair of the APS, said, “We’re delighted to be partnering with the Institute of Leadership & Management, which is home to over 30,000 members around the world. The Institute has recently refreshed and intensified its mission to Inspire Great Leadership – Everywhere. We’re on board with its five stated values: Authenticity, Vision, Achievement, Ownership and Collaboration, and as a registered charity, the Institute of Leadership & Management has a great alignment with the vision, mission and leadership of the APS”.
It is from this base of shared values, ethics and a commitment to expanding diversity that The APS and The Institute of Leadership & Management have launched their new strategic partnership.
About The Institute of Leadership & Management
The Institute of Leadership & Management is ideally placed to provide comment, analysis and information on any aspect of leadership, management, coaching or enterprise. Our spokespeople can provide expertise on a whole spectrum of workplace management issues, relating to our thought leadership research and current leadership issues of the day.
About The Association of Professional Sales
The Association of Professional Sales (APS) is a not-for-profit organisation that advances and promotes excellence in the sales profession. We are recognised as the responsible voice of sales and provide development, standards and leadership. Membership costs £195 for individual sales people, £345 for Advanced Members and £545 for Fellows. Find out more at our website.